Performance and Accountability
Management and Supervision Training
Outside of California
16 Class Hours - Tuition $240
This workshop is for commissioned and civilian law enforcement managers and supervisors at all levels, including corrections and probation personnel. This is also and excellent course for aspiring supervisors.
Poor performing and difficult employees can suck the life out of their supervisors and their organizations.
Let MCA give you the upper hand.
Our practical real world approaches to dealing with problem employees will give you a new perspective on your role as a supervisor or manager. We focus first on making disciplinary due process and performance evaluation easy to understand and then provide the interpersonal skills training you need to successfully take on problem employees. This is straight forward material without the gimmicks or touchy-feely approaches many other leadership courses propose.
- How to establish and assert your authority without infringing on employee rights
- How to develop performance standards that clearly communicate your expectations
- How to provide useful feedback and write objective, meaningful, performance evaluations
- How to confront difficult and resistant employees without losing
- How to recognize and handle the manipulations commonly used on supervisors
- How to claim your right to a day's work for a day's pay
|June 4 - 5||2015||Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Hosted by the John H. Stamler Police Academy
|October 6 - 7||2015||Parsippany, New Jersey
Hosted by the Morris County Public Safety Training Academy
|October 20 - 21||2015||Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Hosted by the Jackson Police Department
|October 26 - 27||2015||Sandy City, Utah
Hosted by the Sandy Police Department
|November 5 - 6||2015||Boynton Beach, Florida
Hosted by the Boynton Beach Police Department
|December 7 - 8||2015||Olympia, Washington
Hosted by the Thurston County Sheriff's Office